Tucked behind York Minster, Treasurer’s House is not as it first appears. In 1897, Frank Green (the grandson of a wealthy industrialist) bought the property and created a lavish show home, grand enough to impress Edward VII during his visit. He was passionate about history and indulged this by saving this and other buildings in York. Frank Green built a large collection of fine antiques, art and furniture, and this was the first house given to the National Trust, complete with its collection. The award-winning garden is an oasis of calm, so relax and enjoy unrivalled views of the Minster.